As a Member Services Assistant you will provide administrative support to help the team achieve its business goals.
BDCU is a friendly alternative to high street banks. We serve our members by being a safe, mutual financial organisation.
- Provide Front Desk support to members and the public. Utilising our client’s computer systems and manual documentation.
- Deal with Mail, Emails and telephone requests and instructions from/to members.
- Maintain systems including the IT system, banking system and other manual filing systems.
- Process deposits, withdrawal, transfers, and cash reconciliations.
- Prepare and process Payroll Savings Systems, weekly, four weekly and monthly. Utilise and maintain the data input to the BACS/banking systems.
- Ensure income and expenditure is correctly accounted for in line with legislative requirements and our policies and procedures.
- Process Member applications and terminations
- Process initial stages of Loan Applications.
- To assist the Operational and Assistant Manager to organise, deliver and participate in promotion and training events.
- Ensure that stationery and other office requisites levels are maintained to ensure continuous service delivery.
- Promote continuous improvement by:
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant guidance
- Ensure quality and consistency of financial information.
- Promoting governance and risk management awareness and the maximising of resources to improve value for money.
- To carry out any other office duties that are required by management.
- Previous experience in a financial services environment
- Previous administrative experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Salary – £20,812 pay award pending
37 hours per week (part time will be considered upon request)
25 days holiday per year
Location – Bradford City Centre
Pension – A defined contributory scheme through the Peoples Pension
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter setting out why you would like to work for us.
Contact: Bradford District Credit Union