Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions cover the following areas of operation:
- Applying for a loan and borrowing from us
- Use of our mobile app
- Using this website
Applying for a loan and borrowing from us
When applying for a loan you are agreeing to the following declarations:
- The statements given on my application are made for the purpose of obtaining the loan and are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- I understand that if any such statements are subsequently found to be untrue that I may have committed a criminal offence and may be liable for criminal prosecution.
- I understand that I may be required to produce photographic ID plus one recent Proof of Address along with proof of income.
- I understand that a credit check will be carried out and required give my consent for this to be carried out
- BDCU maintains the right to contact members by such means as best available to us in relation to a non performing loan or outstanding debt to the credit union.
- In case of any default in payment as herein agreed, the entire balance of any loan shall immediately become due and payable at the option of the Credit Union.
- As such borrowers pledge all paid shares and payments on account of shares, which you now have or at any time hereafter may have in the Credit Union as security for repayment of this loan together with interest , costs and expenses.
Use of our mobile app
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:-
Mobile App means a computer program designed to run on mobile devices such as mobile phones, tablets, palm tops or similar device.
Account means an account opened by a member with the authority of Bradford CU which may be accessed by the member through use of the mobile app on a 24 hour basis subject to the Terms and Conditions;
Bradford CU means Bradford Credit Union Limited;
Member means a member of Bradford CU authorised by Bradford CU to use the Bradford CU mobile app and Bradford CU services associated with the use of the app subject to the Terms and Conditions;
Services means those Services from time to time provided by Bradford CU to its members which may be accessed and utilised by a member through the Mobile App.
Terms and Conditions means these Terms and Conditions, as amended, extended, or replaced by Bradford CU from time to time;
Bradford CU is making this Mobile App available to its members and the installation of the Bradford CU Mobile App on your mobile device is taken as agreement to the following terms and conditions.
Use of the Mobile App
This Mobile App is solely for the use of Bradford CU members who have registered for online access to their account.
Bradford CU may in its absolute discretion without assigning any reason, refuse to accept a request for registration.
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Bradford CU Mobile App solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes
Exclusion of Liability
Every effort is made to ensure that information provided via the Mobile App is as up-to-date as possible at the time of viewing. Bradford CU takes no responsibility for any loss suffered as a result of the information provided not being accurate or up-to-date.
It is the member's responsibility to ensure that all information provided by them in relation to any transaction initiated via the Mobile App is accurate and Bradford CU accepts no responsibility for delay or error caused by inaccurate or erroneous instructions.
Members are responsible for ensuring the security of all data in relation to access to the Mobile App. Members should ensure that they keep their mobile passwords or access codes private and secure and are not overlooked as they sign into the Mobile App. Bradford CU accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage as a result of the member failing to do this.
You acknowledge that information given through the Bradford CU Mobile App is as up-to-date as our systems permit at the time of your use or enquiry. We will not be liable for any loss suffered by reason of any information not being accurate or up-to-date
All mandates and all conditions applicable to the accounts and services accessible via the Bradford CU Mobile App, including without limitation all applicable charges, remain in full force and effect. If there is an inconsistency between the relevant mandates and account conditions, and these terms, the relevant mandates and account conditions will apply. Our terms and conditions are available upon request at our head office.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information communicated by mobile, and by using the Bradford CU Mobile App you accept that communications may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential.
You acknowledge that mobile communications service providers may be obliged to store message content for a period of time for legal reasons. This obligation is covered in the terms and conditions of use published by the mobile communications service providers.
Members use the Mobile App at their own risk and all responsibility for any liability or loss from the installation or use of the Mobile App rests with the member and Bradford CU accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss incurred.
We do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We make no representations, warranties or undertakings that the Bradford CU Mobile App, or the server that makes it available, will be free from defects, including, but not limited to viruses or other harmful elements. All use by you of the Bradford CU Mobile App is at your own risk, and you assume complete responsibility for, and for all risk of loss resulting from, your installation and / or use of the Bradford CU Mobile App
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under any legislation or under the membership rules.
Bradford CU reserves the right to update the Mobile App as required by way of content, appearance, performance, functionality and terms and conditions without notice from time to time. Member's who do not agree with any change in terms and conditions should uninstall the Mobile App.
The availability of the Mobile App may be suspended by Bradford CU, without notice to you, for operational reasons from time to time and in this event no liability attaches to Bradford CU.
Right of Bradford CU to information on this Mobile App
The information contained on the Mobile App may not be copied, transmitted, amended or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written consent of Bradford CU.
The contents of the mobile app are the copyright of Bradford CU. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of the Mobile App without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
By agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, you are consenting to us collecting and storing certain personal data about you. Bradford CU cannot guarantee the privacy of confidentiality of information relating to you that is communicated by mobile. In installing the Mobile App and in availing of any of the Services / information available via the App, you are deemed by the Terms and Conditions to accept that mobile communication may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. In all circumstances, the use by you of the Mobile App is at your sole risk. Bradford CU's provision of the Mobile APP complies with its data protection requirements as a data controller. Your mobile communications service provider may for legal reasons have to retain the content of mobile phone messages for a specific period. This will be contained in your agreement with your service provider.
All communications cost associated with accessing the Mobile App are at the member's expense.
Bradford CU may terminate and withdraw access to the Mobile App to members as follows:-
(i) immediately upon breach by a member of any of the Terms and Conditions of use of the Mobile App;
(ii) immediately upon the bankruptcy or other contractual incapacity of the member;
(iii) if Bradford CU reasonably believes that any of its Services to members have been used negligently, illegally or fraudulently by the member or by a third party as a result of the member's negligence or recklessness;
(v) Bradford CU reserves the right to process or cancel any transactions in progress on termination of a member's right to use the Bradford CU Mobile App or on suspension or withdrawal of the member's Services. Bradford CU is not responsible for any loss a member may incur as a result of any transaction not being processed as part of the Services after termination of same or after any suspension or withdrawal of the Services. When membership of the credit union is terminated, members should uninstall the Mobile App from their phone or mobile device. Members may discontinue their use of the Mobile App by uninstalling it at anytime.
The Terms and Conditions and use of this website are governed by the Laws of the United Kingdom and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the United Kingdom.
In the event that any provision in these Terms and Conditions are held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the Laws of the United Kingdom;
Clause headings in these Terms and Conditions are for reference purposes only and shall not be used to construe or determine the meaning of any or all of these Terms and Conditions.
Using this website
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them. Please note that references to we means The Credit Union and our subsidiaries and associates.
1. This Site is established in the United Kingdom (UK) in accordance with the laws of the UK and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of the UK and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree that the UK courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
2. We have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
3. Information about some of the products and services on this Site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
4. Information about some of the products and services on this Site are subject to additional Legal Notices and Warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to carefully read all Legal Notices and Warnings on the pages of this Site that you visit.
5. We have given the information on the Site in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Site at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgement at the date given and are also subject to change without notice. Accordingly you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the Site, we recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
6. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
7. Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
8. Some of the pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites of business units, subsidiaries and associates of The Credit Union. You are reminded that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
9. Access to and use of this Site is at the user's own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Site or any its contents.
10. The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
11. The contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification. The information in this Site may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Site up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
12. Copyright in the Site and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.
While all reasonable security precautions have been taken by the Credit Union, the nature of communication by the Internet is such that the Credit Union cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information relating to the member passing over the Internet. In accessing the Credit Union Website and in availing of our services, the member accepts that electronic mail messaging may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use of the Credit Union's website is at the member's sole risk.
Lending: additional privacy notices
You can read our general privacy notice here.
Receipt of obligatory notices by email
There are certain notices that credit unions are obliged to provide from time to time. By applying for a loan or savings account you are assumed to agree to receive these obligatory, non-marketing communications by email (for example, notice of the Annual General Meeting). This will assists Credit Union in reducing its carbon footprint and reduces costs.
Please note that we maintain the right to contact members by such means as best available to us in relation to a non-performing loan or outstanding debt to the credit union, including by text or email.
If you object to being contacted by us in this way please contact us.